Common male diseases such as prostatitis and adenoma, with inadequate treatment or its absence, often lead to dangerous consequences, including cancer and infertility. That is why at the first symptoms a man should consult a doctor. Only a specialist is able to choose an effective remedy for adenoma and prostatitis. Treatment of prostate pathologies with folk remedies is allowed only at the initial stage of a mild form, provided that there are no complications. If prostatitis or adenoma is complicated, severe or becomes chronic, effective treatment is carried out only with drugs.
When is medical treatment of the prostate indicated?
There are several ways to treat prostate disease. The best treatment for prostate adenoma and various forms of prostatitis can only be selected by a doctor, taking into account the causes of the disease, the form, severity of the disease and the age of the patient.
Before choosing the best treatment for prostate adenoma, doctors must rule out the need for surgical treatment of the disease. Drug therapy is indicated provided a positive response is given to all of the following:
- excluded the possibility of prostate cancer;
- the patient has no direct indications for the surgical treatment of the disease;
- no protrusion of the adenoma in the ureteral cavity;
- it is necessary to take into account the importance for the patient of maintaining sexual function and the fact that it is preserved at the time of treatment;
- man does not take other drugs for other diseases (reducing blood clotting, diuretics, etc. ).
Before treating the pathology and choosing the most effective medicine for prostate adenoma, the doctor should conduct the following studies:
- on ultrasound, evaluate the volume of residual urine and the volume of the prostate;
- perform uroflometry;
- on a symptom scale, assess the severity of symptoms that bother the patient (urea emptying problems or urine buildup);
- it is important to clarify the list of comorbidities (stroke, heart attack and diabetes).
Some men prefer effective folk remedies in the treatment of prostate adenoma, but they do not always give the desired effect. A really good natural or synthetic medicine will help you choose a doctor when a man contacts him with complaints.
In the treatment of adenoma and prostatitis, a whole range of drugs with different effects are usually used:
- If the pathology has arisen against the background of an infectious lesion, antibiotics are prescribed. These drugs destroy the pathogenic microorganisms that caused the disease. In pathologies of the prostate of infectious origin, antibacterial agents of the following groups are usually prescribed:
- Alpha blockers are prescribed to relax the smooth muscle of the organ and facilitate the outflow of urine.
- Antispasmodics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs stop inflammation, reduce the tone of the perineum and muscles of the organ.
- Hormone therapy is performed in order to reduce swelling, inflammation and normalize urination.
- Herbal medicines have a complex effect (reduce inflammation and swelling, reduce pain, normalize organ functioning, protect against complications).